Thursday, February 17, 2005

second post

In Scotland sometimes mail would come twice a day. We called it "second post". The entire nation quit doing second post about 1/3 of the way through my stay there. Very sad. Anyway I am experienceing early burnout this semester. It just might kill me. Otherwise it will make me stronger, according to this guy.
This, I guess is what they call sandpile theory. So this semester could totally tear me down and make me into a vague semblance of the man I once was. But if people really are like piles of sand (if you add to many grains, the pile falls down and is shorter than before. But the base is now bigger, and will tolerate more grains than ever before, allowing to reach new heights) then I might be in good shape.
Alas, here I am, almost totally exhausted, at 11:00 pm, still with two papers due tomorrow which I haven't written. And I choose instead to write a second post on the blog. Tsk, my friends.

No comments: