Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Target smell was "day old egg nog pancakes"

One of my professors today said that it is impossible to imagine a smell (Slide #9). I wanted to ask her how anyone could ever know that, but she advanced her powerpoint presentation to the next slide, and the moment was lost forever into the impenetrable dark void of the past. It may as well have been six million years ago, when aliens ruled the earth. I couldn't ask the question now.
But still, I think I can imagine a smell. It might be more difficult to imagine a smell that a sound or a sight but I think I can do it. Let's try.

Nnnnnnnngggggggghhh!!!
......HMMMMMMNNNNGGGGHHHHaaahh.........

Crap, I almost had it that time. Obviously this is possible. I almost did it on my second try.



And according to this diagram, not only can you imagine smells, you can dream about them and then save them in jars for six to eight weeks as long as you do it in that order.

2 comments:

Allyson said...

Egg nog pancakes? They don't even taste like egg nog, much less smell like it.

An American Schmuck in London said...

After a lot of concentrated effort I was finally able to smell... DOG NOG! It's not underrated...