Saturday, May 06, 2006

==>Exit<===>Exit<==>Exit<==

They all lead out. Still, they lead to different places. One leads to an identitcal room minus all of the furniture. One leads to an identical room with different furniture. The last one leads to a totally different room, in a different house full of different people.

First Exit


Second Exit


Third Exit

The trouble with exiting a room is that you have to leave in order to do it.
According to a friend of mine, there's a solution: one adventure must lead into another.

By the way, if you opened any of those links in new firefox tabs, you cheated and the metaphor is ruined.

This is probably a good point. You know at the end of a movie....let's say, "The Mummy".....when so-and-so is riding away on his such-and-such with his lady friend, and you think, "that's great. but what happens when the sunset is over with and they have to camp and they can't decide what to eat, so they have an argument."

Their argument is not the result of food preferences. (All that's around is scarab beetles anyway). They are arguing because they're depressed. The adventure is over and all that's left is that feeling of peaceful angst. The hard part is done, but what are they going to do now? They were so focused on killing that damn Imhotep that nobody ever said: "hey so-and-so, what are we going to do after this is all over?"

They could have just stayed at the pyramid. It's collapsed. There's no more Imhotep. It's the same room without all of the furniture.

Or there are those other pyramids. I believe one of them houses the Scorpion King, who also needs to be killed. This is okay I guess, but kind of boring. Notice nobody saw "The Scorpion King" movie. Sure there's different furniture, but its only a matter of time before they realize that hey, this is the same room.

If they had just taken a few minutes, possibly while running out of the collapsing pyramid with falling bricks, they could have planned a great adventure, even if it was just a trip to the thrift store. Wthe hope of another adventure on the horizon, there would have been no scarab beetle argument.

Don't take summer classes if you can avoid it.

11 comments:

allyson said...

I saw the Scorpion King, but I think it was on a date, so don't consider that a reflection on my movie tastes.

But do consider my dislike of Little Otik as part of my movie tastes.

Michelle 2021 said...

Note taken.

Dear Lovey Heart said...

odd, it made me feel like going back to school

Creativity Escapes Me said...

I find your ideas intriguing and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

english said...

brilliant

kel said...

sometimes, if you're lucky, a dandelion or a pal or a soft-serve cone from Maverick enters the room right before you actually leave and that's when you realize that the walls are painted 'fern green' and it's a nice place to be.

jo said...

that's right, kel (I seem to frequently agree with kel. It's uncanny... maybe we're related).

it's too bad that people consider dandelions weeds. and there's a maverick just down the street from here. hey! there's an adventure in an of itself. Now the only question is vanilla, choclolate, or swirl...

The Mediocre Gatsby said...

I feel like killing myself. I mean what's the point right? It's just another room. But don't worry, I have been planning on doing it for a while now anyway...

T.R. said...

scourge of gay robots: can you wait until I post some sort of disclaimer? at least don't cite this blog as the reason that you're killing yourself. I just bought groceries and can't afford another lawsuit for at least two more weeks.

or think of it this way. if there were no room to exit into, you be exiting into nothingness. or like a nice patio or something. hmm. actually that's a good point. why doesn't this house have a patio?

The Mediocre Gatsby said...

Don't worry, I don't think I am ever going to kill myself. I just like to say that to get attention - the same reason why I recently decided to become a vegetarian.

I am a middle-child.

randisimo said...

get ready....