Thursday, September 21, 2006

Fall 2006: Dynamic Systems

Again, not an exact match, but can you feel the power? This is one of my favorite professors, and this is my sixth class of sorts from him.

This guy is a fan of the long silence. If he wants you to give some input, he doesn't ask for it. He just stops talking and looks at you and waits for you to say something. It makes it so that I always keep a stash of insightful things to say close at hand. They sometimes turn out to be irrelevant.

Well this class is strange. That's as far as I want to go right now.

"The internet is not ready for prime time."

"You are full music and full of math. Some of us are full of bullshit, but also music and math."

"It is a persistant problem for physicists that doorknobs are not equally distributed throughout the universe."

His Website

6 comments:

Laverna said...

So, you have a paper with deep philosophical insights written on it, and whenever your professor looks at you, you point at the page and read off whatever it is you're pointing to?

T.R. said...

the stash is stored in neural form.

Creativity Escapes Me said...

Where is that doorknob line from? Have I heard you say that one before?

T.R. said...

I don't know if he was the first to say it, but I have used it in a previous blog.

Chester The Bear said...

I went to his website... that professor of yours.

I don't know what drugs he's on but I want some. Find out where he gets them for me.

T.R. said...

chester, I've checked on the drugs for you and it looks like he gets high by smoking raven feathers rolled in pages of "Through the Looking Glass" by Lewis Carrol.