Friday, September 15, 2006

Fall 2006: Intro to Syntax


I knew on the first day that this class would be alright, because the professor looks just like Ricky Gervais. I like him well enough, but this class is basically diagramming sentences. Remember doing that? And aren't you glad you did? I bet you would never be where you are today without that crucial skill.

Here are some notable quotes from him so far:

"I am a dataset. You are a dataset."

"English and Japanese are the exact same language, except with different words and different structure."

"A big German man lives in the house at the end of the street."

"Who do you wonder what where went?"

7 comments:

Creativity Escapes Me said...

You paid for this?

Territorial Soufleé said...

I would stay away from that big german man if I were you.

Territorial Soufleé said...

The picture really adds to those quotes. I can easily imagine Michael saying that stuff.

the anna said...

wait. do you have rubin? i loved that class. what does that say about me?

Laverna said...

I like the english/japanese one. You know, kinda like ducks and pigs have a lot in common, only one has wings and a beak and the other has four legs . . .

gretel said...

i know the german guy!

kel said...

i won a contest in 5th grade for diagramming the most sentences correctly - and they weren't sissy sentences. i got a book mark shaped like a worm as a prize. today i'm a successful 27 year-old who makes gobs of money because of that... and other things.