Monday, November 27, 2006

Sleeping Song

Sit in a very dry, boring lecture. Look around the room for someone who is in the process of falling asleep. Recall the sound of that person's voice, or imagine what it sounds like if you can't remember or have never heard it before. Mentally create an "MMM" sound using the person's voice. As the person's head bobs up and down, adjust the pitch accordingly. The person's head at an upright, attentive position should evoke the normal pitch of the speaking voice, and a head collapsed on the table or desk in front of the person should evoke the lowest tone that the person can create vocally. Continue until the person fully wakes up or falls asleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very amusing! Alas, I am usually the person drifting off. Curse those wretched Power Point presentations.

jo said...

I'm seriously going to do this, especially in my physics class. No, don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like physics. It's just that it's boring. I have physics today at one. I'll fill you in on my success or failure.