Friday, October 12, 2007

Barnes Ignoble



So get off your ath, let's do some math.
Math, math, math, math math.

-Jack Black


I bought an absolute blimpload of books the other day with my Barnes and Noble gift card (thanks Dad). This is the one I am reading right now.

The lady who rung me up asked if I knew about some sort of card that I pay her for and then it saves me money the next time I buy books. Well those things are usually a scam.

However this time it turned out that I would save 15 dollars on the books I was already buying which was most of the price of the card. That would only leave me ten dollars more to pay for the card.

Yes well there is a sucker born every minute, so everyone else who was born within the same 60 seconds as me, congratulations. You are not the sucker. I am. I bought the damn card. It seems like a good deal. Only ten dollars for something that usually costs only $25. The thing I ignored was that I will have to spend $100 over the next year to save that $10 back again.

There is only one solution to this. YOU, loyal reader, must use my card. The next time you are buying books at Barnes and Noble, tell them you are my brother, my mom, my wife, my cousin, or whatever you like. Take out your phone and pull my phone number. They can use it to look up my card. You will save at least 10% on your purchase, and together we will defeat the giant pulp-vomiting dragon.

Oh, and if you are buying online, my membership number is 516 6046 728. Then report your results back here when you are done.

3 comments:

cate said...

Damn card.

T.R. said...

use it!

Anonymous said...

I tried to use it online and it said, "The Barnes & Noble Membership or Reward Number you entered is associated with another account and cannot be applied to this purchase. Please check the number and re-enter it."
Thanks anyway.