Thursday, January 31, 2008

Eights

Passionate about:
1. Family
2. Figuring things out
3. Outdoors
4. Music
5. Running
6. Learning
7. Reading and writing
8. Movies

Want to:
1. Raise bees
2. Raise llamas
3. Find a meteorite
4. Have wife, kids
5. Write a book
6. Discover something that gets named after me
7. Jump out of a plane
8. Go to space

Have recently read
1. One Hundred Years of Solitude Gabriel Garcia Marquez
2. Everything's Eventual Stephen King
3. The Way of the Peaceful Warrior Dan Millman
4. The Monkey Wrench Gang Edward Abbey
5. Desert Solitaire Edward Abbey
6. The Little Prince Antoine de Saint Exupery
7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows J.K. Rowling
8. Messiah Gore Vidal

Say:
1. That seems like a bad idea
2. That doesn't seem very likely
3. That would be embarrassing
4. Just what the hell do you think you're doing?
5. I guess
6. Yeah. That's probably true.
7. I know, right?
8. The End

Attracted to friends by:
1. humor
2. integrity
3. self-effacingness
4. open-mindedness
5. knowing a lot about something specific
6. creativity
7. reflectiveness
8. kindness

Could listen to over and over:
1. A Love Supreme John Coltrane
2. The Mysterious Production of Eggs Andrew Bird
3. In the Faxed Atmosphere The Child Who Was A Keyhole
4. Anything by Debussy
5. The Best of John Coltrane
6. A Man and his Music Sam Cooke
7. Beatles
8. The Very Best of Toots and the Maytals

Learned this year:
1. You can get tired of anything if you're not careful
2. Exploration without a lifeline can lead to regret
3. Practical jokes are good for everyone
4. Things are still cooler if you make them with your hands
5. People keep maturing their whole lives
6. Integrity is always better and ultimately easier
7. Saving things for tomorrow is only a good policy for money, water, and criticism
8. Worthwhile things are difficult and time consuming, and hopefully they will take up my whole life

And:
1. I am actually very selfish
2. I like to eat in the shower sometimes
3. I couldn't whistle until I was 17
4. I didn't kiss a girl until I was 22
5. I still have never bought a car
6. I wish there were still dinosaurs
7. Like Bleaker, I try really hard to be cool.
8. I don't want to get married, but I want to want to get married.

Tag:
1. Jeremy
2. Grace
3. Tracy
4. Kristian
5. Alison
6. Blake
7. Kevin
8. Kylie

8 comments:

allyson elizabeth said...

When I read that you ate in the shower, I thought that we couldn't be friends. Then I saw that you wish dinosaurs were still alive and I realized we were kindred.

Creativity Escapes Me said...

I love this post. I wish I would've thought of it first. If you don't mind me asking, what does "Tag" mean?

T.R. said...

It means that you have been invited to repost these lists on your blog, with your own answers.

Creativity Escapes Me said...

Rad. Thanks TR!

jo said...

I still think eating in the shower is worse than condiment sandwiches.

Michelle 2021 said...

Can I post this just to spite/honor you?

I have been a quiet reader for a weeks without time to thoughtfully post, so I thought it best not to post at all.

BTW, thanks for encouraging me to blog in the first place. I remember walking from the Institute building to the Business Loop and you asked me if I write like I speak. If so, I should blog. And I do blog.

Also, marriage is a blessing if it's the right time and person. I can't imagine a more perfect hell if either of those weren't right, though. Just get better at being awesome while you're waiting. That sounds motherly. Um, just get better, I guess.

Melanie said...

Hey! You try really hard to be cool? I always admired your natural coolness and now I know it was all a sham. Hmm...

T.R. said...

It is TOTALLY a sham.