Thursday, February 07, 2008

Criticism is the highest form of praise

Facebook has enough political groups to choke a llama (or a donkey, or elephant). One that was inevitable from the start is: "I'm a Republican, but if McCain gets the nomination, I'm voting Obama". Here's a quote from their message board (which incidentally reflects the opposite opinion of this group):

I think Obama is the worst. Why you might ask? Simple, he actualy beleaves the crap he spewes. Hilary she just does what ever the polls say.

Let's leave the four spelling errors aside for a moment and just focus on the fact that Obama is being criticized, not for any of his convictions, but for believing them and sticking to them. I think Obama should recruit him for his campaign.

6 comments:

Creativity Escapes Me said...

That's my presidential candidate.

Word coined by Obama: Baramacan. A Republican that supports Obama.

"Obama, I'm a Republican but I support you. I'm a Baramacan."

Laverna said...

I generally agree more on the Republican side of things, but if McCain gets the nomination, I'll probably vote for Obama.

badgermiddlemas said...

I loved the One Million for Mitt group invitations I got even after he had dropped out. Has anyone else notice that Obama rhymes with Osama and Barak rhymes with Iraq? Coincidence? Why don't you ask the new world order?

The Mediocre Gatsby said...

Obama is the man.

He should use that picture in all his advertising.

eped said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
eped said...

progress, yes. this is all very fine. but when will we, as a nation, develop the forbearance to elect a president with a faux-hawk?

this is what I meant to say.