Monday, November 03, 2008

Swirly Patterns turns five years old this week. Mostly that makes me feel accomplished and all, but it presents me with a dilemma.

I think it might be time to retire Swirly Patterns and start fresh because:

1. Five years is, like, a nice even number. Even though its an odd number.
2. I've gotten tired of the page layout again.
3. I could file this one under Burning Chaff.
4. Maybe it could symbolize, you know, turning over a new leaf or something. A new direction for my life.
5. It's fun to get rid of stuff. I think its almost the same rush as purchasing something.
6. Was it the Dalai Lama or Buddha or Chris in the morning who said that you have to let go of something in order to truly possess it?

But maybe I shouldn't because:

1. My blog is older than most people's, and I (probably mistakenly) think that makes it somehow more legit than younger blogs that are more fun to read.
2. I could just change the page layout if I wanted.
3. I will probably file this under Burning Chaff anyway.
4. I can't really think of a new direction for my life.
5. I can save that rush for when the current economic crisis reaches apocalyptic proportions and The Entire Internet, including google, is no more. By then Swirly Patterns will be 6 and a half, which will make the rush even greater.
6. Do I even want to "truly possess" Swirly Patterns?

Well I think I've made up my mind.

3 comments:

becky said...

just change your template. then i won't have to delete and re-save a new url to my favorites.

i'm selfish.

happy anniversary!

Mark said...

I agree with Becky. Plus Swirly Patterns was my inspration and still way fun to read.

Michelle 2021 said...

I still like it.