Friday, December 05, 2008

El Esquiar

Salt Lakers are some of the skiingest folks in America, but it seems it is only us white folks who ski. Sure, sometimes I see some Japanese tourists up at Alta too, but that's about it. So imagine how great it was to see a Mexican couple skiing today. At least they looked Mexican. Not that I can tell a Mexican from, say, a Honduras-ian, or whatever people from Honduras are called.

They looked happy too, and it made my day. We don't see enough diversity up there. Unless you count guys who wear those pastel waterproof pants or burberry plaid ski jackets (gays, probably, but you never can tell).

6 comments:

becky said...

que bueno

Lee said...

The end of that straight killed me.

"Hey, Mom. There's a black guy down here."

T.R. said...

I think he might have been confederate.

T.R. said...

with the black guy, I mean. Not with the southern states.

Creativity Escapes Me said...

Lando Calrissian?

allyson elizabeth said...

If you never can tell, what is "Gaydar," my friend?