Monday, July 12, 2010

Best Crepe Recipe Ever

First of all, its fun to call them "Creeps" or to fake a french accent and pronounce it "Kweps". Having said that, here's how to make them:

1 Cup Flour
4 Eggs
1 and 1/2 Cups Milk
3 Tbsp. Melted Butter
3 Tbsp. Honey
1 tsp. Vanilla
Pinch Salt

1. Beat the eggs, then mix in the flour.
2. Blend in everything else.
3. Spread the batter very thinly onto a non-stick cooking surface of about 350°. When the crepe has solidified, flip it over and brown the other side. Makes about 10 eight-inch crepes.


Some things to remember:


Crepes are way better than pancakes. In every way. They are easier to make, they taste better, they're fancier, and they don't soak up syrup like a sponge.


Unlike pancakes, the batter makes even better crepes if you let it sit in the fridge for 24 hours. I have no idea why this is.


This recipe is a SECRET recipe, according to the guy who gave it to me. That's why I'm publishing it on my unpopular personal blog rather than on my internationally acclaimed award-winning professional blog which I write under a pseudonym.


These crepes are also good with savory foods. Make an extra large one into a sandwich wrap, using the crepe like you would a tortilla.


This is the best pop-culture crepe reference in recent years.


4 comments:

cate said...

Ha! That was a great clip - did you see 30 Rock's Kenneth in the background?

CREPES! They really are the best. Thanks for reminding me about them however I actually would submit that one of their worst features is not being able to soak up as much syrup - the thing is I love syrup.

Lindsey Hicks said...

Thanks for the recipe. And for the clip.

kel said...

we are also big crepe fans. they are especially good on Sundays.

jo said...

I'm always on the lookout for a superior crepe recipe. Thanks for the tip.

And I agree with kel. Sunday crepes are the best kind of crepe. Any other crepe is number two or lower.