For people not creative enough to come up with their own bucket list, Esquire has made one for you. 75 seems a bit ambitious though. I mean, I have to do like one or two every year to complete that kind of list.
Red = I've done it.
Green = I plan to do it or am in the process of doing it.
Black or white = Haven't done it, don't plan on it, or its too vague for me to know whether I've done it or not. Sorry that it switches back and forth; I ran into some trouble that had to do with my blog template. Black and white are the same.
1. Play Rugby
2. Repair an appliance
3. Fly the red-eye from Vegas.
4. Fly a Cessna
5. Make your own list of 75 things to do before you die. Its hard.
6. Fast for three days. Just drink water.
7. Drive the Great Ocean Road in Australia. Or the Pacific Coast Highway.
8. Make a perfect Omelet.
9. Drive by yourself from coast to coast.
10. Recognize the accomplishments of others.
11. Do a flip off a diving board. Nail it.
12. Leave a letter for yourself in a library book. Look for it 20 years later.
13. Watch a bad movie so many times that you can quote it word for word.
14. Toboggan, aggressively.
15. Scuba Dive.
16. Drink Mescal in Mexico.
17. Cultivate a reputation.
18. Learn four chords on a guitar and play a song.
19. Live in a hotel suite for a week.
20. Milk a cow. Drink it.
21. Build a fence.
22. Carry a totem in your pocket.
23. Help someone dig out.
24. Pick an animal. Something cool like a wolverine. Go see it in the wild.
26. Throw a real party.
27. Live outside the homeland.
28. Start something that scares you.
29. Choose a word or phrase and actively never use it again.
30. Eat mussels in Bruges.
31. Break a sheet of plate glass with a ball-peen hammer.
32. Cook the same thing over and over until you are known for it.
34. Have a threesome.
35. Quit something you love.
36. Take care of someone else's three-year-old for the day.
37. Get very good at a sport that isn't a sport.
38. Listen to war stories.
39. Tell war stories.
40. Write someone else's life story without mentioning yourself.
41. Sing in public.
42. Sell everything you don't need. Once.
43. Play golf at Carnoustie.
44. Play chess until you beat someone you shouldn't, then quit forever.
45. Give up your seat.
46. Kill, dress, cook, and eat wild game.
47. Attend the funeral of someone you didn't know that well.
48. Take a vow. Keep it.
49. Eat a six-course meal that you prepared.
50. Live at a high altitude.
51. Spend some time working for tips.
52. Overeat for a week.
53. Make a movie, even a short one.
54. Give a panhandler all your money.
55. Make beer, wine, or moonshine.
56. Read Lolita.
57. Have sex in a body of water.
58. Ride a horse.
59. Eat Congee. Eat Haggis. Eat Tongue. Eat Kidneys. Eat Brain. Eat Testicles.
60. Walk Twenty Miles. Bring Water.
61-63. Go to the desert. Take long-lasting drugs. Drink water.
64. Watch television for 24 hours uninterrupted.
65. Save something from the dump.
66. Climb something that you're afraid of.
67. Get a manicure.
68. Eat a two-course meal that you grew.
69. Get a deep-tissue massage.
70. Sleep outside for a week.
71. Put a hundred bucks on a long shot. To win.
72. Go to Paris. Tell no one where you are. Stay for two weeks.
73. Raise a dog.
74. Peg the speedometer.
75. Bungee jump.
Disclaimers: I flew a Navajo, not a Cessna. I milked and drank the milk of a goat, not a cow. I played golf in Paisley, not Carnoustie.
I've done 36 out of 75, or 48%. How did you do?