Friday, July 23, 2010

That Swirly Pattern

Every time I check google analytics, I see that about half of my blog traffic comes from people looking for actual swirly patterns. It makes me feel bad, kind of like a spammer, and its also thrilling, kind of like rick-rolling someone.

Last month two different people wandered in here with the question "What do you call that one swirly pattern with all of the swirly things?" or something like that, and all my blog did was delay their answer. Well never again! For all of you, it's called the Paisley pattern if this is what you're talking about.

It's the pattern of bandannas, cowboy shirts, and old suitcases and its named after Paisley, Scotland even though it is Indian in origin. If you want more info than that, I'll let you continue your google-based research.

While were at it, my current background pattern is known as a Florentine.

PS, eped was right. I liked the paisley pattern way before it was cool.

1 comment:

Lindsey Hicks said...

Fascinating. I had no idea.